Saturday, April 20, 2013

20 Father Day Quotes and Sayings

*He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. -Clarence Budington
Kelland

*How true Daddy's words were when he said: 'All children must look after their own
upbringing.' Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final
forming of a person's character lies in their own hands." -Anne Frank, German Jew and
Holocaust Victim

*Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!
-Lydia M. Child, U.S. Author

*My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and
say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're
raising boys." -Harmon Killebrew

*The greatest gift I ever had came from God; I call him Dad! -Author Unknown

*To her the name of father was another name for love." -Fanny Fern

*A Man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the
growing season. -Author Unknown

*It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. -Johann Schiller

*Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown. -Author Unknown

*A father carries pictures where his money used to be. -Author Unknown

*It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
-Pope John XXIII

*Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers- and fathering is a very
important stage in their development. - David M. Gottesman

*When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the
old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had
learned in seven years. -Author unknown

*The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. -Author
unknown

*A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most
valuable assets in our society." -Billy Graham, Christian Evangelist

*Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys.
-Anonymous

*One father is more than a hundred Schoolmasters. -George Herbert, Outlandish
Proverbs, 1640

*You know, fathers just have a way of putting everything together. - Erika Cosby

*Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. -Bill Cosby

*I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich. -M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter

Are you looking for some Humorous Fathers Day Cards?


No comments:

Post a Comment